Use this webcam test to check if your computer or phone camera is working and properly configured.
Online Webcam Test
A webcam is essentially the camera that connects to a web-enabled device such as your desktop computer or laptop, mostly used to snap photographs and most commonly used for online video calls.
The Webcam Test ensures that your webcam is working correctly before any video call is an excellent idea of webcam testing.
Where is the webcam?
Most notebooks and laptops have webcams, but most often, they don’t use them as we could.
Most of the webcam is inbuilt, and you can see a small, circular lens that sits just above your monitor screen and connected via USB to your computer.
How to Test Webcam Online?
Even though you have a simple computer machine or having a Macbook, this is so easy to do. A straightforward option is to use many of the available free online webcam test sites available on the web.
For your webcam test, you have to find a webcam testing website and open to it and follow the steps:
1. Open webcam testing website into your browser.
2. Click on check my webcam button on the website landing page
3. You have to click on the allow button on the permission box of a pop-up.
4. On the right side of the webcam testing website, the results of testing will display.
5. The process will be the same for the external webcam, and in case you don’t see any results, please disconnect and reconnect it.
Webcam Testing Best Practices
1. Place your Webcam at a comfortable angle and once you do, look for the green focus element on the screen and align yourself to it. This will help you to make sure that you are in the center frame.
2. Look at the webcam at all times and smile. Eye contact in a video is everything. It is perfectly ok to refer to any documents/materials but be comfortable with it. And when looking at the webcam speak as if you would talk to someone in person.
3. Always make sure you do a test video and practice to be sure that nothing goes wrong. Do a quick test of your webcam, background, angle, etc. And when everything is all okay, you are good to go.
4. Don’t miss out on the lighting. Good lighting makes a great video. With our light detection algorithm, you will know when the lighting is perfect.
FAQ to troubleshoot if webcam is not working
How do I allow access to my webcam? Webcam not working in chrome or firefox browser?
You will get a permission popup if it is the first time you are accessing your webcam. If you have skipped or disabled it by mistake, you can click on the disabled icon on the top right corner of the chrome search bar and enable access again. Or go to browser settings and make sure you grant access to your webcam for the particular site. For Mac users on the latest OS, check if you have given permission for chrome to use webcam in the system preferences.
Can I use an external webcam device?
Yes, you can use any external webcam. Make sure the proper webcam is selected from the list
What if I am still facing issues?
Try either of these: restart the browser, the system, update the
My webcam is not listed in device manager?
Check if you have given permission for the site to use the webcam. Or check if your webcam is enabled and the latest drivers are installed.
My webcam is blurry?
Try to clean it your webcam once. Also, check if it supports HD resolutions.
My webcam is not working on zoom?
Make sure your webcam is not open on other apps. Sometimes restarting zoom or restarting systems might help. If it still continues, check and update your webcam device drivers.
My webcam is not smooth and is snappy?
Check and disable if you are in power saver mode. Webcams usually perform auto white balancing or exposure balancing which can be quite heavy, so try recording in a well-lit room. Select a high FPS webcam.
I only see the colors. It’s not my webcam’s preview?
Check if you have selected the right webcam from the list under settings.
Report Test Webcam
Submit a reportLet us know about the abuse on tawk.to and keep this a safe place for everyone.